While 2021’s energy will largely feel more expansive than 2020’s, there’s a lot of collective fear and pain right now, and it’s palatable. If you’re an empath or highly sensitive person, you’re probably dealing with all kinds of vibes that aren’t yours, and you may find that it’s been difficult to focus or remain present with everything going on.
If you’d like to reconnect with yourself and the Earth while shedding the bad vibes, you may want to ground.
Grounding is an essential practice anyway, but it’s especially helpful when you’re trying to shake harmful energy, cut out distractions, and be more mindful.
Here are my top tips for grounding yourself, even in the midst of chaos.
I recommend doing at least one of these daily to keep your energy clear and to stay connected to the Earth.
- Walk barefoot outside (if it’s cold, try stepping in a container filled with potting soil)
- Imagine roots growing from your feet to the Earth
- Drink plenty of water and eat healthy plant-based foods (root vegetables are particularly helpful)
- Add 1-2 cups of sea salt or pink Himalayan salt to a bath
- Hugging a tree or working with plants – e.g. gardening or arranging flowers
- Working with grounding crystals – my favorites are smoky quartz, black tourmaline, agate, and jasper