Happy New Year!
Are you working on New Year’s goals and resolutions? I’ve created a list of “thought prompts” for you – you can use these to assess the past year and to journal, speak, or think about what you’d like for 2020.
- What was your biggest achievement in 2019 (personal, financial/career, spiritual, etc.)? How did you feel afterward?
- What was your biggest setback in 2019, and what process(es) did you use to overcome it? How did you feel afterward?
- What patterns or habits felt most aligned to you during 2019? Why?
- What patterns or habits were not aligned to you? Why not?
- What goals did you meet? Not meet? Discard?
- What activities and relationships were most fulfilling for you? Why?
- What activities and relationships were most difficult for you? Why?
- What areas would you have liked to work on but didn’t find the time, space, money, etc. to do so?
- How often did you make the time, space, money, etc. for self-care? How would you prefer to have done things with respect to your self-care?
- How did you feel when you took time for yourself?
- How did you feel when you gave to others?
Planning for 2020
- What would you most like to achieve in 2020 (personal, financial/career, spiritual, etc.)? If you have multiple objectives that you’d like to achieve, prioritize them from first to last.
- What fears surround your desired achievement(s), if any?
- How would you feel if you accomplished your desired objective(s) in 2020?
- What patterns or habits can you put into place now to more easily achieve your objective(s) and/or fulfill your desire(s)?
- What incremental steps do you need to take toward your objective(s) and desires(s) to make sure that you accomplish and fulfill them in 2020? If it’s helpful, draw yourself a timeline or write out a roadmap.
- If you’ve already put beneficial patterns/habits into place, is there anything that you can do to improve upon them and/or make them more effective for you?
- What activities and relationships have a place in your life going forward? Which ones don’t?
- If an activity or relationship is not serving you but you don’t want to discard it completely, what changes can you make to ensure that the activity or relationship provides more value to you in the future?
- What processes can you put in place to ensure that you have the time, space, money, etc. to honor your needs and desires in 2020?
- How do you want to feel when taking time for yourself? If you don’t typically feel that way afterward, why not? What energies or what stories are interfering with you feeling good about self-care? How can you shift them?
- How do you want to feel when giving to others? If you don’t typically feel that way afterward, why not? What energies or stories are interfering with you feeling good about helping others? How can you shift them?
I recommend doing this as a stream-of-consciousness journaling or speaking exercise. If you decide to speak your answers instead of writing them out, you may want to record yourself so that you can access your answers later on.
So much love to you all, and I hope that 2020 is your happiest and most fulfilling year yet.